Saturday, January 19, 2013

Action News Angels

Action News Angel

Meet the Angels. Not Charlie's but the Action News Angels. We're tough, we're hard core and we're ready to lay the smackdown on anybody who comes our way. Well, not really. At least not yest any way.







We all work together and came up with the idea of taking a self defense class. Yes, we come up with a lot of crazy ideas while at work. However, this one isn't so bad because we are women and we should know how to protect ourselves. So BAM! There we are. Ready to learn.



I'm in action. Please don't talk about me too bad. This was my first day and that's as high as my leg will allow me to go. Lol! This isn't as easy as it looks either. Punching and kicking a bag is hard work.






So we started out with warming up. Got a little cardio in. (running). Then we got on the mat and begin to do a combo of things like punching, kicking, push ups, etc. I'll be the first to admit that I have NO upper body strength. When he said push ups, I was like, "no". I told the trainer and he said, "you gotta start somewhere". I wanted to start by punching him in the face, but that's another story all together. My arms are already hurting from punching this freakin' bag and now you want me to do push ups? Sir, I'mma need you to calm all that down.

Anyway, after all that foolishness, we did a few cool down excerises with the abs and then he made us sit sideways, put your right arm over your left shoulder and push up with your left arm and then switch. Sir, didn't I just tell you......You know what, never mind.




So we made it through our first work out. We felt pretty great afterwards. Nice and energized. Until we woke up sore the next morning. Oh Lawd! I could'nt raise my arms. See them push ups! I'mma leave it alone.





                                                      Until next week my friends........

2 comments:

  1. you guys are so freakin awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool Zeb!!! I love this! How do I do one? I MISS YOU AND WE NEED TO HANG OUT SOMEHOW!!

    ReplyDelete