Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Poetry - My Mountain Knows My Voice

Written By: Zebonique Petties

All things in life
Are not always what they seem
When looking from a distance
You can't really know what it means

No one is perfect
That's nothing to prove
When life gives you mountains
Only your voice can make them move

Life comes at you fast
What more can you do
But maintain a "so what" mentality
And let God guide you through

"So what" life gets dim
And all you see is a blur
"So what" bad things happen
Obstacles occur

"So what" you felt you couldn't make it
When you tried your best
"So what", trials happen
They are only test

"So what" Satan attempts
To try and bring you down
"So what", who cares
God will turn it around

When it's all said and done
And you've made your choice
Your mountain has moved
Because it heard your voice

And yet I've done all I could
With nothing left to lose
No matter how hard I've tried
My mountain just won't move

No comments:

Post a Comment