Saturday, January 5, 2013

Internationally Known - London, England

 






 



Welcome to London, England! This was an experience of a life time. Best 8 days ever. I mean how many people actually can say they've been overseas and mean it? I had my little accent going and everything. But seriously though, there are a lot of different things going on over there than in the US! Like currency. They go by British pounds. So like 7 pounds would be like $14. Expensive isn't it? And their Mcdonalds has a deli! Oh and they don't sell biscuts with chicken. (KFC).  








Day 1-Fri- My mother dropped me off at the airport. Bye mom! My flight left at 9:05 am. I met my cousins Vonique and Harriet in Houston. We left from Houston to Chicago. We were late getting to Chicago and almost missed our flight to London, but we made it within minutes. Close call! All together, that was like a 12 hour flight. MAN!      



 Day 2-Sat- We arrived in London at 8am! Finally! So we get there and no lugage! Remember how I said we almost missed our flight? Well it seemed as though they did not board our lugage. Those punks! So we get to our apartment (not a hotel but apartment) >>>>>>>>
and with the same cloths on from yesterday! But that aint gon get us down. Oh no! We went and bought some things like soap,
underwear and etc until our lugage came. We went out to eat with a few friends at Dover Street (Jazz Cafe). The food was so cute and good! LOL!

Day 3: Sun- Still no lugage! Wait, a phone call saying our lugage will be here at 4:30 pm. YEAY! But with the same clothes on from Fri, we was still making it happen. LOL! And no we did not stink. Yeah, we took baths and made it work cuz we got it like that. We went to a spot called Piccidilly Circus. Thats just the name of the area. It was a lot of shopping areas and resturants up and down that area. It was great! We ate at Henry's for lunch. We also ate at Cafe Concerto for dessert. Man it was so good. We get back home and YES we have lugage! Now things can really get popin'.


Day 4-Mon- Happy to have lugage! Very happy! We went to Oxford Circus. Same as Piccidilly. We went into a mall and a place called Harrod. My cuz Vonique and I lost her mom, Harriet. So we went throughout the mall and no sign. So we go to customer services to leave a note and we waited. We waited for a good little while before she decides to show up. LOL! But it was still
great! We also went to Tottenham Court, another shopping strip. Von had on hills that day and we walked for years! LOL! Bet she won't do that again. We walked about everywhere. Took the subway and walk for hours. It was great! It was about dinner time and looked for years for this make believe resturant that my cousin say she ate at once before called Harris, but no one that we've asked has heard of it. LOL! Yeah we never found it. It's ok cuz, I still love you. We end up eating at Giovanni, an italian resturant. Went to our apartment, watch Identity and went to bed.


Day 5-Tues- I had Mickey D's for breakfast/lunch. Woke up late! Had to see what it was like. Man! Deli! Then we checked out the Tower of London, (pic up top) took a mini criuse and saw the EYE! That's like a farris wheel but its huge and it goes around very slowly >>>>>>
 Like it would take some hours before you got down! Notice I said we saw it, we did not get on it. LOL! At the Tower though, you know they have the guards standing around and they can't move or talk. Von and I took a pic with one and we tried to make him laugh but it didn't work. I bet he was like "These foolish Americans". It was great! LOL! I would've had pics with them but my cousin lost her camera :-(

Later that night, we went to a meeting or like a get together or something. My cuz Harriet had to speak. She was awesome. Great speaker! I met a lot of people. There was this one guy, Shane, he is blind as well, but he was so cute. (He is the british twister) LOL! And this other guy, Obie a.k.a Sisqo. LOL! It was a great conversater. We exchanged numbers and emails. He's kinda cute too. :) I got me a british man, LOL! After that we all
went out to a bar. I didn't drink anything, don't worry mom! We went back to the apartment where Harriet was on the phone trying to interpid English to English because she is an American! LOL! (thats an inside joke) We watched Kung Fu Panda and then lights out.

<<<<<< My british boo! Yes Lawd!!!! Yes I got the digits. Don't quite know how to use them, but I got them lol.




Day 6 and 7 we went to Paris, but I'll save that experience for another blog. We took the train. Another once in a lifetime opportunity there.

Day 8 - Fri- Time to go! Made it to the airport and our driver took us to the wrong terminal! He needs to get it together. But we had a 10 hour flights. I watched like 4 movies. It was great, but I was ready to get off after that last movie. LOL! Finally made it to Houston. We all departed and went our seprate ways. Bye guys! Then my flight back home was suppose to leave at 7:10pm. First the flight got changed to another gate and would leave at 7:45pm. Then the plane wasn't there and then when the plane got there, the crew to fly the plane wasn't there. They got there at like 8:10. Then I couldn't leave because of the storm and had to wait til that went away. I didn't leave til like 9ish. Got home at 11:09pm when I was suppose to be there at 8:44pm. See that's the kind of stuff that makes me not want to fly. I'm already afraid of flying thrn you wanna come and do this. What type of foolishness? 

Thanks for hanging with me in London bloggers. See you in Paris :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment