Saturday, January 5, 2013

Poetry - the wrong focus

Written by: Zebonique Petties

screaming for answers, crying for reasoning
trying to understand why this is happening
a cold front so deeply connected
to the pain in which i'm enduring
i can't stop the hurt

past experiences i'm dreading dearly
keeping me away from future promises
the present I can't seem to focus on
stuck in a time zone that should've been left alone
and yet struggling with the "let go"

voices in my head calling out to me
remembering things unexpectedly
suffering from what i thought i'd forgotten
scared of things that has yet to happened
where is this coming from

strangely lingering...... on the "already done"

the "already done"................

NO! to a burden I shall no longer claim
i rebuke this foolishness in Jesus name
happy i shall be, a future i will see
my own life is a determined key

i hold the power to make this go away
God give me strength as I continue to pray
for healing and direction
for knowledge and protection
let thy Will be done.......

No comments:

Post a Comment