Friday, January 11, 2013

Ketchup Taste Test

Attention! Attention! Ah hem..... Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages. I proudly present to you a taste test that probably has not been done in the work place. If it has, I know nothing about it! A taste test that will blow your mind. A taste test far beyond any other taste test you've tasted to test. Lol, ok I'm getting a bit carried away. Moving on!

Once upon a time, but not to long ago (last week) my co workers and I were talking about ketchup. (don't ask how this came about). One of them said she loves ketchup on everything and could tell the difference between certain ketchups. So my mind decided to conjuer up an idea so smart my head would explode if I even begin to know what I was talking about. A "ketchup taste test".......



The Ketchup
 



The Taster



So as you can see there are 6 cups of ketchup wasted to be tested. 3 of them are the same brand. That information was given to the tester. Doesn't she look excited? Go girl!


Concentrating hard here.

                                                              

Her first aproach was to see if she could tell the difference just by looking at them. This went on for a nice little while here. Obviously, to her surprise, that was a negative so then it was time for plan B.


Plan B
                                                                               
 Taste Testing! What this was really all about in the first place, but yeay! So she tried the many types of ketchup. Going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. This was quite intersting to watch by the way. However, there was one rule. You got to have rules, right? She her mind about the brands as many times as she'd like, but once she wrote down her finally answer, it was locked in.....
                                                                                                                                   
                                                                                        

Ok, this one is definitely Heinz. Wait, maybe its.....no because its lighter than the others so it has to be Heinz. Ok, no its Hunts. Yes this one is Hunts.



Wait let me take a sip and clear my tastebuds here. (forgot the word she actually used)  I'm going to get this right. Determination! I got this!


After all this talking and convincing herself which is which, she writes down her final answers! Ladies and gentlemen, this is it. The moment you've been waiting for. Out of 6, she gets a total of.......wait for it......wait for it..... Are you waiting?




ONE! She only got 1 right. The types that were presented was
  • McDonalds - Fancy
  • Krystal - Heinz
  • Burger King - Heinz
  • Hunts (I think it was old, it looked like bar b que sauce. I need to check and see if she's still living)
  • Sonic - Heinz
  • Tomato Ketchup from somewhere
She only got one of the Heinz correct. However, due to the disappointment, there will be another contest approaching in the near future so stay tuned. Never know what my mind may conjuer up next........

2 comments: